Sunday, October 02, 2005

What is this with Penguins?

My parents, coworkers, and everyone I know that has seen the movie, March of the Penguins, raves about it, including people who are never interested in animal movies or documentaries. I’ve read that it’s the second largest grossing film documentary in history. And then I read that some Christian groups are promoting the film as supportive of family values!

I was browsing in Barnes & Noble yesterday, and I picked up the book, Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts On Christian Spirituality, by Donald Miller. I saw scattered references to penguins and, then, lo and behold, there is a chapter titled, “Faith: Penguin Sex.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Blosser said...

The movie is delightful to watch. Supportive of family values? -- I'm not sure. Penguins are monogomous, at least for the duration of the mating season, choosing a new mate every season. Perhaps it is because the penguin family is dedicated -- they never seem to abandon their young and go through extreme conditions to care for them.

"Penguin sex" . . . say whaaaaaaat?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home